Use of Text and Images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our website, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where text or images are posted on our site with the permission of the original copyright holder, a copyright statement appears at the bottom of the page.
We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We do not collect personal identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our website.
- Reading or Downloading: We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com if you are connecting from an America Online account, or princeton.edu if you are connecting from Princeton University's domain); the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to our site.
We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
- Online Profile Updates and Donations: If you complete the Profile update form and share your personal identifying information, this information will be used only to provide you with more targeted content. We may use your contact information to send you further information about Bennington College or to contact you when necessary. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the "Opt-Out" section below.
- Sending us an E-mail: You may also send us personal identifying information in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a web form that provides us with this information. We use personal identifying information from your e-mail primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your e-mail to other employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your e-mail address to contact you in the future about our programs that may be of interest.
If you sign up for one of our e-mail lists, we'll only send you the information you've requested. We won't share your name or e-mail address with any outside parties.
- Children and Privacy: For children who visit our site, special rules apply. We do not request personal information about children, such as first and last name or street address and city. When a child sends an e-mail to us, his or her online contact information (e-mail address) is not used to re-contact them and is not maintained in retrievable form.
- Opt-Out or Change Your Contact Information: Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications through a special online form. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update contact information you previously provided us through another online form. You cannot remove yourself from our database, but you can prevent unwanted communication.
We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personal identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. Except as might be required by law, we do not share any information we receive with any outside parties.
Rules for Online Conduct
By using the alumni website, you agree that you will not post any of the following material:
- Material which defames, abuses, or threatens others;
- Statements that are bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive;
- Material that advocates illegal activity;
- Material that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Unauthorized copyrighted material;
- Material that contains vulgar, obscene, or indecent language or images;
- Commercial advertising or any form of solicitation.
Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted upon discovery. Users who violate these rules will receive a warning stating that the user has committed a violation and that further violations may result in the termination of the user's access to the website and its systems. After one or more warnings, depending on the nature of the violation, Bennington's Alumni Relations Office, at its sole discretion, may terminate the user's account.
One College Drive
Bennington, VT 05201